Saturday, November 8, 2008

3 Nights in Szentgotthard!!!!

This little story is about the 3 glorious nights I spent in Szentgotthard. I was off to Hungary for an official workshopwith my colleague Roberto. We started from Turin via Frankfurt and then to Vienna. In Vienna we met our other two colleagues Miguel and Erik. This was the first time I met Erik and Miguel. Suddenly I realized that we were a kind of internationalteam, as I am an Indian, Roberto is Italian, Miguel is Spanish and Erik is Belgian. We had rented the car by which we wentto Szentgotthard a small town in Hungary. The ride was nice and smooth as we were scorching through the foggy and coldnight. We reached there around midnight. We were tired because of the hectic journey so took the bed as soon as we entered the hotel.

The next day we went to the plant and kick started the workshop. At the end of the day we planned to go to the resturant fprsome good beer and food. There was literally no living entity on the roads. It looked as if we four are the only ones in that town. Finally we found one resturant. We ordered the local Hungarian beer named some Saprozzi. It tasted good and we went for a platter, I don't know how many different kind of animals were there on that platter. Miguel was the one who took notice of thecontents which were written on the menu. There was some asparas ribs which was mentioned in the menu. But we didn't find any ribs in our plate. Miguel went ahead and asked the waiter about that. Poor guy didn't understand what we were actually trying to say. Then after sometime he came with a piece of paper which had some message written about the ribs. I never had this kind of an situation before in my life.
If day one was good then wait for the coming lines. As usual we finished our work for the second day and decided to trya different bar this time. We found one western countryside bar. We had some good platter and lots of beer. Don't remmember how many bottles we had that night. Last night Roberto restricted himself to just a couple of beers because he had to drivethe car. But this time he didn't bring the car, so he was able to give us company for more number of beer's than lastnight. The bar was about to close but still I insisted the waiter I guess his name was Peter to give us one more roundof beer. I don't but this kind of things happen in India very often that we give the bar tender some tip and he will alow us to have more drinks. I owe him because I told him that I am going to mention the name of the Bar, its 'Rondeo' Please correct me if I am wrong. Then we left the bar and were walking back to our hotel. This is the most interesting part of the whole trip. We saw one more bar on our way back to hotel. Duck Bay, name of the bar. Somehow Erik conviced everybody to go and have one more beer. We went inside and there were some hungarian people dancing on some hungarian numbers.

Those guys paid for our drinks, that was something amazing. We didn't know them but the language of beer was enough to charge all of us. We introduced to each other and were talking about stuffs like football and the clubs we support. I don't know what exactly we had in common but still I was talking to that Hungarian guy. Then we left the bar after sometime and were walking back to the hotel. As we were approaching the hotel there was a police patrol car and they checked with us and someone of us replied that we were going back to the hotel. Probably the police knew that we were drunk. If this would have happened in India definitely we would have been in trouble. So finally I was on my bed after many litres of beer, had a very nice sleep.

The next day after finishing our job we headed back to Vienna and from there myself and Robrto came back to Turin. This was one of my best trips abroad. I will never be able to forget those nights I spent in Szentgotthard bars. Really I was fortunate to be in company with my coleagues during the workshop, that was one hell of an experience. I still don't beleive how we had so much fun in that small, strange and quiet town SZENTGOTTHARD. Three cheers to that place in rememberence of those nights.

No comments: